viewing guide

Posts with 'IWP' as their title are my Independent Work Process for Assessment purpose. Searching for 'IWP' on the search bar on the left filters out other researches and materials.

Thursday 30 April 2015

IWP - Problem solved


Until now, there was a problem with my model. Maya crashed every time I applied 'Smooth'/'Smooth Preview' to the model, and I couldn't figure out why.
 And today everything has been finally fixed.
It seemed that the program had a hard time applying smooth because the 'face normals' were disorganised.



The green lines showing the face normals should always point outwards.



Maybe I shouldn't have stitched the eyeballs to the body.
The model gets scrunched up around the eye socket when I apply 'Smooth'.


The 'Soften Edge' tool seems to do a better job cleaning up the model.