viewing guide

Posts with 'IWP' as their title are my Independent Work Process for Assessment purpose. Searching for 'IWP' on the search bar on the left filters out other researches and materials.

Sunday 19 April 2015

IWP - First modelling attempt


Successfully imported image planes. The drawings are not perfectly measured and are asymmetrical, but wouldn't matter because this is just a practice.

 Although my ultimate goal is to produce a 3D model of a humanoid character, I'm just a beginner and had to keep the design for this activity simplistic in its form and design.
 For now I've used my duck with human legs character, which I've made in my high school days. Sorry if it seems very bizarre but it shouldn't be a big issue at the moment.


Started off by creating a sphere polygon mesh as the main body.


After some shifting around of the wire frames.


Beak added by adding edge loop & extrusion.


Leg made separately from the body.



Ankle. 

The feet were the most challenging part, which I actually had to put aside for another day.


Coloured straight in Maya, legs are not actually attached to the body yet.

Fascinated by how bizarre this character actually is now I look at it this way.