viewing guide

Posts with 'IWP' as their title are my Independent Work Process for Assessment purpose. Searching for 'IWP' on the search bar on the left filters out other researches and materials.

Saturday 25 April 2015

IWP-Modelling After 24th April Demo

 
I got some tips from the tutorial to make my model much faster and properly, so I'm building my model from the very start again. I've rotated the axis point of the body polygon and kept the number of division as less as possible this time.


 
Much simpler, logical, stable structure.
 


 
I've tried 2 different apporoaches to adding the beak to the duck, the first way was to use extrusion.
It was hard to make the shape of the beak symmetrical.

 
 
Another(easier) way was to create a separate sphere polygon, make it squat and cut it in half, then insert the beak to the body polygon. I've also stitched the beak to the body this time.







 
The leg is fun to make.
 
 


 
Managed to make the foot this time. I've sewn it to the leg as well.


 
I've created a mirrored duplicate of the complete leg by using the 'Mirror Cut' tool.
I don't know why and how, but the same method does not work the second time.





Using the 'plugging in' method to stick the legs to the body.
Remembered that I needed to make a gap between legs for the crotch, before making holes to the body polygon.
 


 
Added in the Under-beak.
All merged to the face.

 
Side-shot
 

 
Now the eyes. This character does not need eye socket, nor does it need eyelids.
The eyes are just small spheres.

 
Sewing the eyeballs in was tedious. But here it is, the Duck.
 
 
My Maya would crash when I apply 'Smooth' to the model, so I might need to do that later.